Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
- 'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
- 'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
- To bow and to bend we shan't be ashamed,
- Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.
- 'Tis the gift to be loved and that love to return,
- 'Tis the gift to be taught and a richer gift to learn,
- And when we expect of others what we try to live each day,
- Then we'll all live together and we'll all learn to say,
- 'Tis the gift to have friends and a true friend to be,
- 'Tis the gift to think of others not to only think of "me",
- And when we hear what others really think and really feel,
- Then we'll all live together with a love that is real.
- Tis the gift to be loving, tis the best gift of all
- Like a quiet rain it blesses where it falls
- And with it we will truly believe
- Tis better to give than it is to receive
- 'tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be fair
- 'tis a gift to wake and breathe the morning air
- and each day we walk on the path that we choose
- 'tis a gift we pray we never shall lose