Sunday, February 1, 2009

ministering angels



Last week I was listening to some inspirational talks on KBYU. 
Two of the talks just happened to be about ministering angels.  
I reflected on this, as I often have.  
I then attended the church service that my husband and I coordinate at an assisted living center in town.  
The main talk was on the ministering of angels.  
It took me by surprise and wondered if there was something I needed to know personally about angels and our journey here on this earth.  
Two key phrases stuck in my head. 
1.  Ministering angels are around you.
2.  You can be a ministering angel here on this earth.
These phrases filled me with warmth and peace.  
I in fact know that there are individuals from the other side of this veil of life that cheer us on.  I have felt this, especially in difficult times. 
I liked the concept that we on this earth could be 
used as a ministering angel, as well.  
'I want to be an angel', I thought. 
Truly.  I do. How do I become an angel?
Then I realized, I'd like to thank those angels who have helped me over the years.
Living, and on the other side.
I feel a great deal of gratitude for them.  
More than they will ever know. 
So, Thank You, dear angels.
I appreciate your following the light of Christ, your comfort, your intervention.
It is a sacred and rare gift.
I love you.

************

"I would like to say a word about the ministering of angels. 
In ancient and modern times angels have appeared and given instruction, warnings, and direction, which benefited the people they visited. 
We do not consciously realize the extent to 
which ministering angels affect our lives. 
President Joseph F. Smith said, 
“In like manner our fathers and mothers, brothers, sisters and friends who have passed away from this earth, having been faithful, and worthy to enjoy these rights and privileges, 
may have a mission given them 
to visit their relatives and friends upon the earth again, 
bringing from the divine Presence messages of 
love, of warning, or reproof and instruction, 
to those whom they had learned to love in the flesh.”  
Many of us feel that we have had this experience. 
Their ministry has been and is an important part of the gospel."


James E. Faust, “A Royal Priesthood,” Ensign, May 2006, 50–53

Can you identify times in your life when you felt a presence was helping you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!