Sunday, April 19, 2009

He loves us all, and we should love our selves too



When a lawyer asked Jesus,
 “Master, which is the great commandment in the law?” 
he answered, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, 
and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 
This is the first and great commandment. 
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”
 (Matt. 22:36–39.) 
Notice that Jesus said you are to love your neighbor as yourself. 
You are a child of God, along with your neighbor. 

God wants you to love yourself
 just as much as he wants you to 
love others.

Clark Swain , Ph.D, 1979 New Era

I Stand All Amazed

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,

Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.

I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,

That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!

Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?

No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!

Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!


Text and music: Charles H. Gabriel, 1856–1932

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!