Tuesday, June 9, 2009



“What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.  ~Jewish Proverb

Adversity is like a strong wind.  It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.  
~Arthur Golden,

Sometimes I think it is easier to suffer adversity
than to watch others suffer.
I know we all must go through the fire
to create clarity and authenticity.
I know the pressure will create
a diamond. 
I know the sorrows 
bring sanctification.
I know.
I just wish I could 
spare those I love,
as selfish as it may sound.

*****

Though deepening trials throng your way,
Press on, press on, ye Saints of God!
Ere long the resurrection day
Will spread its life and truth abroad.

Though outward ills await us here,
The time, at longest, is not long,
Ere Jesus Christ will reappear
Surrounded by a glorious throng.

Lift up your hearts in praise to God,
Let your rejoicings never cease.
Though tribulations rage abroad
Christ says, "In me, ye shall have peace."

Hymn:  Though Deepening Trials


 My son, peace be unto thy soul; 
thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a 
small moment.

D&C 121: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!