Sunday, December 19, 2010

What Shall We Give?


"For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life."



Because I Have Been Given Much

was written by Grace Noll Crowell.


Because I have been given much, I too must give.

Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live.

I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see,

who has the need of help from me.

Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care…

I cannot see another’s lack and I not share-

my glowing fire, my loaf of bread-my roof’s safe shelter over head,

that he too may be comforted.

Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,

I’ll share thy love again according to thy word.

I shall give love to those in need. I’ll show that love by word and deed,

thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.






If you have much, give of your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart

Arab Proverb


If you wish to experience peace, provide peace for another.

Tenzin Gyatso, The 14th Dalai Lama


My grandmother's china.

I was the recipient of some of my grandmother's china.

I didn't know my grandma, as she passed away

before I was born.

But, I am very familiar with her china.

My mother served many holiday meals

on these plates, in these bowls, upon these platters.

I feel warm and happy every time I look at these dishes.

She gave of her talents

every

Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Little did my grandma know how

celebrated her china would be,

how my mother would make them a symbol of service.

The love and sacrifice

served upon these dishes

makes me think of the Savior,

and his gifts to us.

No thought of his own work,

abundant sacrifice

served with love.

I am so grateful to have been raised

with this knowledge in my life.


A blessed Christmas to you all.

May you feel the gifts of Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!