Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Hands


  • My mother's hands at 86 years old
    Her hands have always done good works
    and have been an inspiration to me my whole life.


    Alma 26:15

    15 ....... but behold, he has brought them
     into his everlasting light, yea, into everlasting
    salvation; and they are encircled about with
    the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and
    we have been instrumentsin his hands
     of doing this great and marvelous work.


    She has been in many organizations that 
    that serve her fellow man.
    (she is on the far left)

    She has served her children so well.
    And, her grandchildren.


My Mother’s Hands


I’m thankful for my mother’s hands, which help me every day.
With her hands she shows me how to work and how to play.
It seems that when I need some help, her hands are always there
To tie my shoes, or make my lunch, or comb my messy hair.
Her hands know how to fix my bike and how to make my bed,
And how to find a scripture verse to ease my worried head.
I want my hands, like Mother’s, to serve others every day.
I want my hands to know, like hers, how to work and play.
I know that when she needs some help, my hands can help her too.
Because she’s taught me well, they know exactly what to do.
I’ll thank my mother for her hands and hug her really tight
And promise her to use my hands to always do what’s right.
Illustration by Bryan Beach


My mother is on the left.


I love this picture.  You can see a little silliness in her.... ; )
My mother has always loved gardening and flowers.

This is her favorite song about mothers.

I Often Go Walking 

I often go walking in meadows of clover,
And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue.
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over;
Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you.

O mother, I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through;
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking,
I learn how to love them, dear mother, from you.


Words: Phyllis Luch, 1937–1995. © 1969 IRI

Music: Jeanne P. Lawler, b. 1924. © 1969 IRI


My mom won't be able to see this, as she is blind now.
But at 88 years old, she continues to ask what she can do 
to serve others.
My mother's hands are an instrument of God's love,
and she is remarkable.

I love you, Mom.






1 comment:

  1. LOve this post! THanks for sharing the beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!