Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trust in the Lord


Proverbs 3:5-8

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.



2 Nephi 22:2

 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; 
for theLord Jehovah is my strength and my song; 
he also has become my salvation.



Spirit Can Guide All Aspects of Life
“I don’t think there’s any intent on the part of the Lord that we compartmentalize how the Spirit is used so that it’s only in purely religious areas,” says Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Speaking at a seminar hosted by the Church’s Human Resources Department.

Prepare for Inspiration

Elder Scott said that sometimes he needs to evaluate what he’s doing that could be inhibiting the Spirit. “There are things that impact the full and open guidance of the Spirit. And I think that we wouldn’t be honest with ourselves, if that’s true in our life, if we don’t recognize that and try and change it, try and improve it,” he said.
We also need to be humble, he said. “Someone that is humble is accessible by the Spirit to be taught. . . . When we are humble in that sense, we can be prompted by the Lord.”

Invite the Spirit

As we prepare ourselves to receive inspiration, we are able to invite the Spirit into all facets of our life, Elder Scott said. Regarding using the Spirit in our professions, he said, “If I approach [my job] with the attitude and vision that I can be inspired in the implementation of that work, I’m going to get help and the work’s going to improve.”
He shared experiences where he felt that the Spirit guided him in his professional life, and he said, “I sought guidance of the Spirit in everything I did, professionally as well as what I did in Church and my own family life and my personal life. . . . You don’t have to be President of the Church to be guided professionally in what you do each day. The Lord’s aware of you and wants to help you, just like He’ll help President Monson.”



Father, Cheer Our Souls Tonight


Father, cheer our souls tonight;
Lift our burdens, make them light.
Let thine all-pervading love
Shine upon us from above.

Calm the surges of the soul;
Bid the dark waves backward roll.
Let us all thy mercies feel
Thru the pow’r thou dost reveal.

Bless our loved ones far away;
Grant them health and peace, we pray.
In their hearts let holy light
Beam to guide their steps aright.

 Let implicit faith and trust
Help us know thy ways are just.
May thine ever-tender love
Lead our hearts to thee above.

Text: Ellis Reynolds Shipp, 1847–1939
Music: Orlando Gibbons, 1583–1625, alt.





D&C 61: 36-37

 36And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good acheerblittle children; 
for I am in yourcmidst, and I have not dforsaken you;
 37And inasmuch as you have humbled yourselves before me, 
the blessings of the akingdom are yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!