Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Mighty Fortress

Isaiah 40: 28-31


 28 ¶Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that theaeverlasting God, the Lord, the bCreator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no csearching of his understanding.
 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
 31 But they that await upon the Lord shall brenew their cstrength; they shall mount up with wings as deagles; they shall erun, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Psalms 18:1-2
 I will alove thee, O Lord, my strength.
 The Lord is my arock, and my bfortress, and my deliverer; my God, my cstrength, in whom I will dtrust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Samuel 22:2-3
 And he said, The Lord is my arock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
 The God of my rock; in him will I atrusthe is my bshield, and the horn of my salvation, my high ctower, and my drefuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

A Mighty Fortress Is Our God


A mighty fortress is our God,
A tower of strength ne'er failing.
A helper mighty is our God,
O'er ills of life prevailing.
He overcometh all.
He saveth from the Fall.
His might and pow'r are great.
He all things did create.
And he shall reign for evermore.
Text: Martin Luther, 1483-1546, adapted
Music: Attr. to Martin Luther


No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!