Sunday, January 19, 2014

We Lived in Heaven



    1. Faith is knowing the sun will rise, 
      lighting
      each new day.
      Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my
      prayers each time I pray.
      Faith is like a little seed:
      If planted, it will grow.
      Faith is a swelling within my heart.
      When I do right, I know.
    2. Faith is knowing I lived with God before
      my mortal birth.
      Faith is knowing I can return when my 
      life
      ends on earth.
      Faith is trust in God above;
      In Christ, who showed the way.
      Faith is strengthened; I feel it grow
      Whenever I obey.
    3. Words: Beatrice Goff Jackson, b. 1943. (c) 1978 IRI
      Music: Michael Finlinson Moody, b. 1941. (c) 1978 IRI


    Even before they were born, they, with many
    others, received their first  lessons in the
    world of spirits and were prepared to come
    forth in the due time of the Lord to labor in
    his vineyard for the salvation of the souls of
    men.


    I Lived in Heaven

    I lived in heaven a long time ago, it is true;
    Lived there and loved there with people I know. So did you.
    Then Heav'nly Father presented a beautiful plan,
    All about earth and eternal salvation for man.
  1. Father said he needed someone who had enough love
    To give his life so we all could return there above.
    There was another who sought for the honor divine.
    Jesus said, "Father, send me, and the glory be thine."
  2. Jesus was chosen, and as the Messiah he came,
    Conquering evil and death through his glorious name,
    Giving us hope of a wonderful life yet to be--
    Home in that heaven where Father is waiting for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!