Saturday, January 30, 2016

I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus


Jesus Once Was a Little Child


Jesus once was a little child,

  1. A little child like me;
    And he was pure and meek and
    mild,
    As a little child should be.
  2. He played as little children play
  3. The pleasant games of youth;
  4. But he never got vexed if the game went wrong,
    And he always spoke the truth.
  5. So, little children,
    Let's you and I
    Try to be like him,
    Try, try, try.
  6. Words: James R. Murray, 1841-1905
    Music: Joseph Ballantyne, 1868-1944
  1. Jesus Loved the Little Children
  2. Jesus loved the little children,
    Little ones like me.
    He would bless and help them
    And take them on his knee.
  3. Many lovely things he taught them,
    Things we all should do:
    Love and help each other,
    Be honest, kind, and true.



Words and music: Moiselle Renstrom, 1889-1956

1 comment:

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!