Sunday, November 5, 2023

Who is Jesus Christ?

 

Who is Jesus Christ?

Who is He to us?

Thought of the Day - Third Church of Christ, Scientist, NYC

  • Good Shepherd (Doctrine and Covenants 50:44)
  • Counselor (2 Nephi 19:6Isaiah 9:6)
  • Beloved and Chosen (Moses 4:2)
  • Deliverer (Romans 11:26)
  • Light of the World (John 8:12)
  • Light Which Shineth in Darkness (Doctrine and Covenants 6:21)
  • Light of Men (Doctrine and Covenants 93:9)
  • The Great Redeemer (Guide to the Scriptures: Redeemer)
  • Light of Truth (Doctrine and Covenants 88:6)
  • The Light Which Ye Shall Hold Up (3 Nephi 18:24)
  • The Light (Mosiah 16:9)
  • Beloved Son (3 Nephi 11:7)
  • Rock of Strength (Isaiah 17:10)
  • Mediator (2 Nephi 2:27)
  • Savior of the World (1 Nephi 10:4Doctrine and Covenants 1:20)
  • Spirit of Truth (Doctrine and Covenants 93:9)
  • Redeemer (1 Nephi 10:5)
  • The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)
  • The Light and Redeemer of the World (Doctrine and Covenants 93:9)
  • Italian School | Portrait of a young woman praying | MutualArt

    Sometimes during this life on earth, we need someone to tell us that they see us. 

    Jesus Christ, our brother, tells us  

    he feels your struggles. 

    He sees in your heart and blesses you to be strong.

    You are his child and creation. 

    He prays to the Father for you. 

    He tells you...

    J. Anette Dennis - The New Testament describes a day that ended with the  betrayal and arrest of Jesus, but it began when Jesus sent Peter and John  to make the preparations

    "I see you in your quiet soul.  

    I see that life can be hard for you.

    I see you soldiering on.  

    I see you in your quiet heart, 

    striving to live your life day to day 

    with strength. 

    This is often difficult for you.  

    And....I love you for trying, 

    every day, to hang on and be strong. 

    I feel your difficulties. 

    I pray to the Father for your burdens. 

    Let me carry your burdens."

    Our Savior sees you. And, he loves you.

    The King of love my Shepherd is,
    Whose goodness faileth never;
    I nothing lack if I am his
    And he is mine for ever.
    Where streams of living water flow
    My ransomed soul he leadeth,
    And where the verdant pastures grow
    With food celestial feedeth.
    Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
    But yet in love he sought me,
    And on his shoulder gently laid,
    And home, rejoicing, brought me.
    In death's dark vale I fear no ill
    With thee, dear Lord, beside me;
    Thy rod and staff my comfort still,
    Thy cross before to guide me.
    Thou spread'st a table in my sight;
    Thy unction, grace bestoweth:
    And O what transport of delight
    From thy pure chalice floweth!
    And so through all the length of days
    Thy goodness faileth never;
    Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise
    Within thy house for ever.

    Author: Alfred Reed

    Art 4 God






    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!