Sunday, December 24, 2023

God Loved Us, So He Sent His Son



Silent night, holy night!
Son of God love’s pure light.
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus Lord, at Thy birth


God Loved Us, So He Sent His Son

God loved us, so he sent his Son,
Christ Jesus, the atoning One,
To show us by the path he trod
The one and only way to God.

He came as man, though Son of God,
And bowed himself beneath the rod.
He died in holy innocence,
A broken law to recompense.

Oh, love effulgent, love divine!
What debt of gratitude is mine,
That in his off’ring I have part
And hold a place within his heart.

In word and deed he doth require
My will to his, like son to sire,
Be made to bend, and I, as son,
Learn conduct from the Holy One.

This sacrament doth represent
His blood and body for me spent.
Partaking now is deed for word
That I remember him, my Lord.

Text: Edward P. Kimball, 1882–1937
Music: Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987. © 1948 IRI




Jesus Christ,
The Light of the World







 

2 comments:

  1. This is astonishingly beautiful! YOU have a bright loving light. Thank you for adding such soul satisfying content to my feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed it! Sorry so tardy for my response. I don't get many comments so I rarely check! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!