Sunday, January 28, 2024

Come Unto Jesus ,Ye Heavy Laden

 



  1. COME UNTO HIM

  2. 1. I wander through the still of night,

    When solitude is ev’rywhere—

    Alone, beneath the starry light,

    And yet I know that God is there.

    I kneel upon the grass and pray;

    An answer comes without a voice.

    It takes my burden all away

    And makes my aching heart rejoice.

  3. 2. When I am filled with strong desire

    And ask a boon of him, I see

    No miracle of living fire,

    But what I ask flows into me.

    And when the tempest rages high

    I feel no arm around me thrust,

    But ev’ry storm goes rolling by

    When I repose in him my trust.

  4. 3. It matters not what may befall,

    What threat’ning hand hangs over me;

    He is my rampart through it all,

    My refuge from mine enemy.

    Come unto him all ye depressed,

    Ye erring souls whose eyes are dim,

    Ye weary ones who long for rest.

    Come unto him! Come unto him!

  5.  Text: Theodore E. Curtis, 1872–1957

      1. Matthew 11: 28-23
        Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

        Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

        For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light

        Come Unto Jesus Come unto Jesus, ye heavy laden, Careworn and fainting, by sin oppressed. He’ll safely guide you unto that haven Where all who trust him may rest. Come unto Jesus; He’ll ever heed you, Though in the darkness you’ve gone astray. His love will find you and gently lead you From darkest night into day. Come unto Jesus; He’ll surely hear you, If you in meekness plead for his love. Oh, know you not that angels are near you From brightest mansions above? Come unto Jesus from ev’ry nation, From ev’ry land and isle of the sea. Unto the high and lowly in station, Ever he calls, “Come to me.” Text and music: Orson Pratt Huish, 1851–1932




No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!