Sunday, January 7, 2024

Out of Darkness into Christ's Marvelous Light


  1. Teach me to walk in the light of his love;

    Teach me to pray to my Father above;

    Teach me to know of the things that are right;

    Teach me, teach me to walk in the light.

  2. Come, little child, and together we’ll learn

    Of his commandments, that we may return

    Home to his presence, to live in his sight—

    Always, always to walk in the light.

  3. Father in Heaven, we thank thee this day

    For loving guidance to show us the way.

    Grateful, we praise thee with songs of delight!

    Gladly, gladly we’ll walk in the light.

  4. Text and music: 

  5. Clara W. McMaster, 1904–1997. © 1958 IRI


"Each of us brings a light to the earth, the Light of Christ. 

“I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world,”6 

the Savior said.

“The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things.”7

This light which “inviteth and enticeth to do good continually”8 

is “given to every man,

 that he may know good from evil.”9"

I

"By using the Light of Christ to discern and choose what is right, 

we can be led to an even greater light: 

the gift of the Holy Ghost."

"The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead, a personage of spirit.10 

He is the Comforter, the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit of Promise. 

He testifies of Jesus Christ, His work, and the work of His servants upon the earth. 

He acts as a cleansing agent to purify and sanctify us from sin.11 

He comforts us and brings peace to our soul. 

The right to His constant companionship is among 

the greatest gifts we can receive in mortality, 

for by the light of His promptings and His cleansing power, 

we can be led back into the presence of God.12"

"Light dispels darkness. 

When light is present, 

darkness is vanquished and must depart. 

More importantly, 

darkness cannot conquer light unless 

the light is diminished 

or departs. 

When the spiritual light of the Holy Ghost is present, 

the darkness of Satan departs."

"There is a way out of the “mists of darkness”24 

and onto the path that leads to happiness in this life and 

eternal life in the world to come. 

The Lord told Isaiah, 

“I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; 

I will lead them in paths that they have not known: 

I will make darkness light before them.”25"

"Now, my brothers and sisters, in this, 

the last great conflict between light and darkness, 

I am grateful for the opportunity to 

“endure hardness, as a [disciple] of Jesus Christ.”30 

With Paul, I declare, 

“The night is far spent, the day is at hand: 

let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, 

and let us put on the armour of light.”31 

I bear my special witness that 

Jesus Christ “is the light and the life of the world; 

yea, [the] light that is endless, 

that can never be darkened.”32"


Taken from a talk called:

"Out of Darkness into His Marvelous Light"


No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!