Sunday, August 10, 2008

1st yummymemory

First yummymemory....

i am in a stroller going down a hill on a concrete sidewalk. 
 I see pink cherry blossoms sprayed against a robin egg blue sky. 
many cherry trees line the street. the lawns are limey green. 
 i then see that we approach a man who is on a red ladder up against one of the trees.  He is up in the blossoms with a small saw. 
he wears dark jeans that are turned up at the cuffs and a blue shirt.
 we stop and I look up. 
the sun is in my eyes and the blossoms glitter shades of pinkness in the sunlight.  
i turn to look at who is pushing me. 
 i look beyond the chrome sides of the stroller and the blue webbed material. 
i lift my chubby hand up and see my light blue wool sleeve.  
the sun is in my eyes and i get a glimpse of my grandpa wood.  
he has white hair, a broad grin, and looks at me with a laugh.  
i feel safe and loved, and feel love for my grandpa.  
we turn and go up the hill as i look at the spray of pinkness against clouds, blue and brightness.


what is your first yummymemory?  i'd like to know!

9 comments:

  1. I am something between one and two, living at my grannys. My mother who is a ballerina comes to visit me. Young and fairylike, I could see her aura, something shines through the solid body a beauty that has nothing to do with the world of form. She brings me a magical present that is burned in my memory. A shiny box, inside twelve perfectly round, perfectly bright colors. My first watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome kathrin! what a beautiful memory! thanks so much for coming to my site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first yummy memory happened when I was about 5 years old in Richmond CA. I was standing in a homemade green and red gingham dress, in the front yard getting excited about a birthday party with my friends that was close to starting. As Mom said in a happy voice "come on over here for a photo," Then I saw it! A huge birthday cake Mom had made with chocolate frosting and a bold orange pumpkin frosting smiley face drawn on the front. There were 5 candles. The anticipation and the sweet treat waiting to be gulped down said to me "You are special" The cake was extra yummy and so was the frosting at the base of the candles as they came off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily
    I remember bright watermelon fuchias in our in Richmond. They were daintily dancing around when the wind blew. I dreamed about them, pink colors, purple magenta flowers, and dancing, dancing, dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful memories sweetpea and lily! I love learning about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!