Wednesday, August 20, 2008

listen......


time to listen to the songs of the earth...

the sun has gone down and i sit on my front steps...i hear...

crickets chirping on a cool august night
sudden silence
water refreshing the earth as sprinklers come on (lovin' that mist ; )
hushed voices...it is quiet
slight breeze rocking the branches of our tall pine trees
soft muted train whistles echo from the other side of town
bell chimes from the university bell tower, it is 9:45 
darkness starts to quiet the neighborhood
kittie karl meows, looking for me
karl sits on my lap...his purring is soft and soothing
car lights catch us as it rounds the corner
summer night i don't want to end...


2 comments:

  1. I like that poem. It makes me feel good and happy. I thought it was pretty, a wonderful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you little skater girl! what do you hear when you are outside of your house?
    xo

    ReplyDelete

hey, what's on that yummy little mind of yours? let me know!